Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Fully licensed attorney in Texas in private practice.

If I have a case that is going to go to a class action lawsuit

Customer Question

If I have a case that is going to go to a class action lawsuit by virtue of a faulty medical product, would this have to be from the family estate if the person died from the faulty product?
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Ely replied 5 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. I am sorry to hear about this situation. For wrongful death (if this is what you mean), Florida requires that a personal representative of the deceased person's estate file suit. In class actions, it would be the personal representative of the estate that represents the estate in the suit in most cases as well. I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.
Expert:  Ely replied 5 months ago.
Hello again. This is a courtesy check in to see if you needed anything else in regards ***** ***** question because you never responded or replied positively. I am simply touching base. Let me know. Thanks!