Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

My sister got my mom to notorious a will naming her the excuter.

Customer Question

My sister got my mom to notorious a will naming her the excuter. My mom wanted everything to be split up evenly. my mom died jan.23. my sister put the money in account with her name on it and registered the car to herself. does she have to tell the court what shes doing?
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 6 months ago.
Yes, she does. If she does not, then you need to Petition the Court to order her to produce accounting of the estate. As an Executor, she is supposed to take inventory of the estate and file it with the Court after her Petition to Probate the Will. She must not treat the assets as hers until she has disclosed the items to you and the Court. If she has not filed the Will for Probate, then you should Petition the Court to Order her to do so and to also file the inventory of the estate with the Court and give you copies of her filing with the Court as an interested party. You can obtain the forms to Petition the Court at the Courthouse in the Clerk's office. Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this. Thank you for your cooperation.