Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

I'm a Co-Trustee and a Beneficiary to my elderly living Uncles

Customer Question

I'm a Co-Trustee and a Beneficiary to my elderly living Uncles Irrevocable Trust. His Broker contacted me informing me the other Trustee, my Uncles Grandson has been using funds for his personal use. I contacted my Uncles Attorney who prepared the Trust to notify him and have heard nothing.........what do I need to do?
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Roger replied 5 months ago.
Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.
Expert:  Roger replied 5 months ago.
You've done the right thing by contacting the attorney......and if you want to handle this informally, you can have the other trustee return the money and then have him removed as trustee to prevent any future abuse/misuse. Alternatively, you could file suit against the other trustee for breaching his fiduciary duty and demand a return of the money and for his removal (this is the path you'd likely need to take IF he refuses to bow out voluntarily.