RayAnswers, Attorney
Experience:  Texas lawyer for 30 years in Estate law

My dad is the only surviving parent to my sister who just passed

Customer Question

my dad is the only surviving parent to my sister who just passed away. In order for me to obtain administrative status over her estate, my 94 year old father has to sign a waiver authorizing me to do so. Can his power of attorney sign and notarize the form?
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 5 months ago.
Hi and welcome to JA. Ry a here to help you today. Yes but you need to make sure the POA authorizes this and you will need to attach a copy of the POA and file with the waiver.This eliminates any questions about the POA and authority here.Again you file both documents when you make application and this should take care of the matter. I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again and I wish you the best.Sorry for your loss of sister.
If you can positive rate when we are done it is always much appreicated.