Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters

Stocks found after the estate was closed years. JA:

Customer Question

stocks found after the estate was closed for 2 years.
JA: OK. The Estate Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: in MA
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: The brokerage company said because my sister was executor she still is, I got less money
JA: Is there anything else the Estate Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: There was no real estate lawyer, my sister hired a private lawyer that tormented me so I had to hire my own for my protection.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Estate Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Ely replied 5 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. I am sorry to hear about this situation. Please ell me: 1) What state is this in?2) Why do you get less money if the stocks have not been found until now? Because they went down in value since 2 years ago?3) What is your question here, i.e. what are you asking? This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Massachusetts, getting less dividends because of stalling. Pain and suffering, sister is abusive and will not directly contact me.
Expert:  Ely replied 5 months ago.
Thank you. What do you mean by "stalling?" As in, the stock value is falling every day, and your sister is stalling? How? And - again - what are you asking? For example: "How do I force her to sign over the stocks to me," or, "How do I get her to communicate with me directly?"
Expert:  Ely replied 5 months ago.
Hello! Just touching base to see if you still needed an answer and if you could reply to my query. Thanks!