Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters

My best friend of 42 years divorced her husband. He did not

Customer Question

My best friend of 42 years divorced her husband. He did not disclose his pension as one of his assets, she was entitled to a half of it. Patti, had been very ill for 3 years. She had already hired a lawyer about this and found out it was a felony. She unexpectedly passed on from a fatal heart attack. He is receiving his pension. Is there anything I can do? Patti had specific wishes and for her X she wanted him to get nothing from her will. She disclosed all areas of income.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I'm sorry to hear about your situation, and my condolences on the loss of your best friend. Can you tell me what state this is in? Can you tell me if she actually had a last will? Do you know when the divorce was final, and when she learned about the pension?