Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters

I recently found out that a VERY distant cousin was allowed

Customer Question

I recently found out that a VERY distant cousin was allowed to be buried in my Ggrandfather's family plot in NJ. She somehow had the deed in her possession and told the cemetery she was a granddaughter of my Ggrandfather, (the original purchaser of the gravesite). Is there anything that can be done, and if not, how do we keep the rest of her family from being buried there as well, since I gather they are still holding the deed.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Ely replied 5 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. I am sorry to hear about this situation. Please tell me who actually owns the plot in NJ? Is it you along with others? Or does a TRUST own it? Or what is the ownership situation?
Expert:  Ely replied 5 months ago.
Hello! Just touching base to see if you still needed an answer and if you could reply to my query. Thanks!