Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters

How to file a Motion to Dissmiss an Eviction in Florida?

Customer Question

Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Andrea replied 5 months ago.
Hi, and welcome to JustAnswer, My name is ***** ***** I am an Attorney. I will be glad to Answer your question and the only thing I ask of you is that you leave a positive rating. This will not cost you anything additional, and it is the only way that JustAnswer will give me credit for assisting you. 1. How much do you owe in back rent ? 2. How much is the Court ordering you to deposit in the Court Registry ?3. Did you receive a hearing date with the Order to deposit funds in the Court Registry ? Thank you, Andrea
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
3-Mo Hearing date
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
3-No hearing date received
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Do I have any way to stop the eviction process?
Expert:  Andrea replied 5 months ago.
What grounds will you use in your Motion to Dismiss ? If you do not state any grounds to support your Motion, then the Court will not grant your Motion, even if you have, in fact, moved out. such as Dismiss the landlord's action because although you have moved out, the Court still has jurisdiction to enter a judgment against you in the amount of the back rent you owe,
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Lanlord increased rent that was not mentioned in the agreement,also hired a third company to bill us for the rent,and the company charges $3.95 a month.I have sent them a letter that I do not agree.Lanlord refused to accept the Rent amount stated in the agreement,he wanted with the new increase,when my lease has not expired yet
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Are those the valid grounds to Motion to Dismiss?