LegalGems, Attorney
Experience:  Private Practice; Elder Law Attorney; Estate Planning; Attorney Mentor

After 13 and 6 months of marriage my husband wants me to move

Customer Question

After 13 and 6 months of marriage my husband wants me to move out 3 days
after he dies. Is this reasonable?
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 5 months ago.
What do you mean by "13 and 6 months"?
Expert:  John replied 5 months ago.
For employment arbitration clauses to be binding it [1] Provides for neutral arbitrators [2] Provides for more than minimal discovery [3] Requires a written award [4] Provides for all the types of relief that would otherwise be available in court and [5] Does not require employees to pay either unreasonable costs or any arbitrator’s fees or expenses as a condition of access to the arbitration forum. If the written agreement you were presented with has these elements it will ultimately be enforceable on you if you have a dispute; if it doesn't you can challenge the arbitration jurisdiction in court. What you describe - sign this or you could/will be terminated is not duress or unconscionable as courts have interpreted the term to date.
Expert:  LegalGems replied 5 months ago.