Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  15 yrs estate law, real estate. Wills/Trusts/Probate
19958803

So, if the tenancy has no documentation of any sort, what

Customer Question

So, if the tenancy has no documentation of any sort, what are my rights as widow of one of the siblings involved?
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 7 months ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply,but rest assured, I am working on your question..If a deed doesn't specifically state that the owners are joint tenants, then they default to tenants in common so each owner's ownership percentage would pass down to their estate and then to any beneficiaries of their will or to their heirs at law if they had no will..If you feel your original question and any related follow ups have been answered, I would very much appreciate a positive rating on the answer I have provided so I receive credit for my work. If you have a new question the JustAnswer folks require that you start a new question page, but you can request me by putting "For Barrister" in the caption and they will get it to me..thanksBarrister