Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience in the practice of estate law.

I've just created a will, but I am presently not sure of

Customer Question

Hi, I've just created a will, but I am presently not sure of my assets -- all of which will go to my only son, according to my will. Problem is, I don't know all my assets and investment accounts, etc. -- because I myself am in the midst of receiving an inheritance from my father's estate. The reason for my question has to do with the latter point-- I want to act fast, to be sure my son will inherit my PENDING net worth and assets, but I don't yet know what they are! QUESTION: Is a valid will enough to have these assets discovered by my executor, and awarded to my son?
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 5 months ago.
Good evening. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.You do not have to list your assets in the will. It is enough to say that all your assets are left to your son. The executor has a duty to marshal your assets. You can keep a list or accounts (and other assets) and contact information and let your son know where to find it. The will is not required to name the specific assets, other than for any specific bequests you may want to make.
Expert:  Loren replied 5 months ago.
If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (Excellent or Good) so that I am credited by JustAnswer for assisting you. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.