Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  15 yrs estate law, real estate. Wills/Trusts/Probate
19958803

Is a Tiny House considered tangible property in Texas

Customer Question

Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 7 months ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question..Tangible property, by definition, is literally anything which can be touched, and includes both real property and personal property (or moveable property), and stands in distinction to intangible property, like goodwill in a business or a copyright..But if you are talking about personal property as opposed to real estate, as a general rule, if an object is movable, then it is considered the personal property of the owner, much like an RV, or travel trailer. But if it is permanently attached to the ground, then it becomes a fixture with the real estate and is not personal property...thanksBarrister