Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
19305272

My mother and step-father were married years. They raised

Customer Question

my mother and step-father were married for 40 years. They raised both my sister and my-self. Unfoutunatly both died within 3 months of each other and there was no will.
My step-father never adopted us and his 94 year old mother is now the heir.
She is willing to give us the estate but because she is appling for Medicaid she has been advised not to.
Do we have any recourse?
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 7 months ago.
Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to helpAlso, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen. With no will, the laws of the state dictate "who gets what"...you mention they died close in time. Who died first? Mom or step dad? And did they live in NC?