Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters

I quit my job to care mom who had a stroke, the bank

Customer Question

I quit my job to care for my mom who had a stroke, the bank has reported me to APS before & now again. I turned over bank statements because I don't have anything to hide. Today a detective vs with APS. I've never stolen from my mom & I'm terrified. I have no money for an attorney. Where can I get assistance & find out my rights?
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: I called an attorney from a legal insurance co. & was told to call back. I will contact an attorney in the am. Thx
JA: OK. The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Is there anything else the Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: I wasn't aware that everything had to be separate. So I would pay for things from both of our accounts. I wasn't stealing, it's just we live together & we both pay bills
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Legalease replied 5 months ago.
Hello there ---Is your mother competent enough to sign a power of attorney over to you to handle her bills and financial affairs. If she has problems signing her name because of the stroke, she can mark an X where the signature goes so long as there is a notary and a witness to her marking that X-Do you know who has been calling Adult Protective Services on you and making these complaints ? -MARY