Christopher B, Esq
Christopher B, Esq, Attorney
Experience:  Litigation Attorney with education focus on estate planning and tax

I am the personal representative late husbands estate.

Customer Question

I am the personal representative for my late husbands estate. He left a boat to me. Can I transfer ownership directly to his daughter or must I first transfer ownership to myself and the issue another bill of sale from my to his daughter
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq replied 5 months ago.
My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship. You will have to either pass this through probate or small estate affidavit. If the estate is worth less than $150,000 then you can pas this through an affidavit signed by you and the court (see link for form you will need to have filed: you have to go through probate then you will need to get a court order that the boat passes to his daughter. It will not have to pass to you first, it just goes to the daughter once you get the appropriate forms in order. Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied. There should be smiley faces or numbers from 1-5 to choose from. This extra step will cost you nothing extra and will ensure that I will be compensated for my time by the site.
Just checking back in, do you have any further questions?