Christopher B, Esq
Christopher B, Esq, Attorney
Experience:  Litigation Attorney with education focus on estate planning and tax
84496330

I'm the beneficiary of my partner's (same sex) revocable trust.

Customer Question

I'm the beneficiary of my partner's (same sex) revocable trust. She died 5 weeks ago. Her daughter is next in line. Does the daughter get to know the amount of money in the trust?
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq replied 11 months ago.
My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship. If the daughter is a beneficiary of the trust then she does have a right to an accounting of the trust from the trustee. If the trust is going to the daughter after your death then the daughter would have a right to the accounting. If the trust s solely in your name and will not go to the daughter then no the daughter does not have a right to the accounting. See link for executor duties in trust: http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/trustees-job-first-six-months-32452.html Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied. There should be smiley faces or numbers from 1-5 to choose from. This extra step will cost you nothing extra and will ensure that I will be compensated for my time by the site.
Just checking back in, do you have any further questions?