Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Experience:  30+ yrs. handling probate estate, wills, trust, inheritance & real estate related matters
18215332

I have a trust fund set up. When I'm 22 30 40 50 can I access

Customer Question

I have a trust fund set up. When I'm 22 30 40 50 can I access that before u turn them ages?
Category: Estate Law
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I just paid almost $50 so I want a good response on how to handle the situation. I need the money asap. I'm 21 right now
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I meant to say before I turn them ages
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
You can get ahold of me at Customer @gmail.com that is my gf email and she is at work.
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 7 months ago.
Good morning. Trusts are very difficult to deal with, because they are complicated legal instruments and we do not have a copy of the so that we can read the actual provisions. Not all trusts are the same. Have you read the trust with regard to the provisions that affect you? It is entirely possible that the trustee can advance money to you ahead of reaching those ages of distribution, but without seeing the actual language of the trust is hard to say. Some trusts give the trustee broad discretion in how to use the money for the beneficiaries, but some may not. You should first contact the trustee to see if an advance distribution is possible. In the case of an emergency, you may be able to petition the local probate court to administer the trust and order the trustee to give you an advance distribution. All of this depends on the exact language of the trust, plus the attitude of the trustee. If you wish additional information or to explain more about your circumstances, and would like to have a telephone consultation, I will offer that. Otherwise, we can continue this question and answer format here. If you are satisfied with this answer, I would appreciate a positive rating now, and you may still ask follow-up questions here.
Hello again. Do you have a follow-up question? I am not an employee of Just Answer and I receive credit for assisting you based on your rating. I hope that you will enter a positive rating for my assistance here by clicking on 3, 4, or 5, for which there is no additional cost to you. Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.