Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
19305272

My mother died in January of this year; she did leave a will

Customer Question

My mother died in January of this year; she did leave a will and named my brother to get entire estate. She left my sister and me out of the will though we are listed as heirs. I have not had any contact with my family for many years due to suffering much physical and mental abuse. I am listed as whereabouts unknown, but, I live in the same area as I have for many years. My question is can I one notify the court? Also can she cut us out of the will? We live in VA
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Ely replied 7 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. I am sorry to hear about this situation. You state " She left my sister and me out of the will though we are listed as heirs." That is a contradiction. What do you mean that you are listed as heirs, but are not in the Will? Do you mean that you are listed in the court records as potential heirs, but the Will specifically leaves you out? This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.
Expert:  Ely replied 7 months ago.
Hello! Just touching base to see if you still needed an answer and if you could reply to my query. Thanks!