Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
19305272

I am the successor trustee on a family farm. The original trustees

Customer Question

I am the successor trustee on a family farm. The original trustees granted the real estate of the farm into a life-time estate. They are the life tenants and my wife and I are the remainder men . My. Father passed 7 years ago. I was given management and operation powers in the trust run the farm as I see fit.my mother is trying to claim that the the real estate was taken of the trust, so the trust no longer governs the real estate. I argue that the granting trustees put the farm in the life estate , thus the trustees are the life tenant, no not her individually. What do you think?
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.
Good afternoon. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you. Can you provide me a bit more information? How is the title to the real property held? Is it in the name of the trust? Or, at some point was a deed signed that transferred it out of the trust to your mother? Thanks.