Christopher B, Esq
Christopher B, Esq, Attorney
Experience:  Litigation Attorney with education focus on estate planning and tax
84496330

I OWN LAND AND IT HAS A DOUBLE WIDE TRAILER ON IT. OUR MOM

Customer Question

I OWN LAND AND IT HAS A DOUBLE WIDE TRAILER ON IT. OUR MOM PASSED AWAY DEC. 08,2015. ALL OF OUR NAMES ARE***** WIDE TRAILER, BUT IT IS ON MY LAND. MY SISTER MOVED INTO THE HOME. WHAT CAN I LEGALLY DO TO GET HER OFF MY LAND? WE ARE IN THE STATE OF KY.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq replied 7 months ago.
My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship. Kentucky is one of a minority of states that have no specific protections for mobile home owners. You will simply need to evict your sister by first giving her notice. Since there is no lease, your sister would be considered to be on a month to month oral lease. You simply need to give her 30 days written notice to vacate and move the mobile home off your land. If she does not do so, then you would need to file eviction proceedings with the court. Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied. There should be smiley faces or numbers from 1-5 to choose from. This extra step will cost you nothing extra and will ensure that I will be compensated for my time by the site.
Just checking back in, do you have any further questions?