Infolawyer, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.

I want to buy a property at a tax sale that has no liens but

Customer Question

I want to buy a property at a tax sale that has no liens but it has a Small Business Administration deed of trust giving their trustee a power of sale of the said property. deed of trust is for sba disaster (government) loan which the property owner defaulted on. sba in not foreclosing on it, the county is for unpaid property taxes. if i buy it and pay prop taxes, can the sba foreclose on it later and ask for its money or are they wiped out.
this is california
Also if i buy before the auction, not pay taxes , let it get sold, can i collect the overages or does sba still have power to collect the overages?
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 6 months ago.
You need them to expressly release their claim. Otherwise they could still pursue it as the lien is not erased. You should contact them to arrange same. You may also elect to have a lawyer do so. Otherwise sba can still collect. and are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options. Good luck. Kindly rate the answer OK or higher.
Kindly let me know if that is acceptable, and if I can clarify anything, please ask me.