Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters

My father, who is married to my mother has been in home hospice

Customer Question

My father, who is married to my mother has been in home hospice for several months. Mom has chosen to leave him during this time so she has moved out and taken everything from their home. My sister and I are caring for him. In the meantime, Mom has a very large inheritance coming the end of May, of which she intends to keep for herself. Dad needs care and we believe he is entitled to half of this inheritance, which would help with his care as well. We live in Indiana. What type of attorney should we consult on this?
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply,but rest assured, I am working on your question..Are you saying that mother will be receiving an inheritance personally from someone in her family?.Is mother going to go through a formal divorce or has she just vacated the property?..thanksBarrister