Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

Would like to create a simple trust to get a 72 year

Customer Question

Would like to create a simple trust to get a 72 year old gentleman on Montana Medicaid Expansion program. He is currently on Medicare, and makes apx. $400.00 over the income threshold, which is $2K. He has 2 vehicles, 1house, and an older fifth wheel.
Special needs trust perhaps? This is not for the assisted living or long term care yet....just to receive the benefits Montana Medicaid provides....thanks much
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 7 months ago.
Regrettably, Special Needs Trust or any other "Medicare Trust" will not work here. The income in the trust will be counted as income for determining eligibility for the Medicaid expansion. Click on the link below for more information: https://secure.ssa.gov/poms.nsf/lnx/0501120203 Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this. Thank you for your cooperation.