Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Experienced in Trust and Succession Law, including Louisiana Laws

In a divorce in Minnesota whats the most common amount used

Customer Question

in a divorce in Minnesota whats the most common amount used for lack of marketability and lack of control and should key employee discount be added in to?
Category: Estate Law
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
it is a family owned business
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
There are no "common amounts" for this I am afraid, as every business is different and every calculation is based on the specific business and the amount of damage the lack of marketability, lack of control and key employee causes to the company based on the value of the company and the business volume of the company. This calculation must be done by an actuarial accountant who has to value the business first and then determine how much loss in marketability/control and key employee will cause to the value of the business. There is no common or general number for this, it is something that has to be determined and proven in every specific case.