Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Experienced in Trust and Succession Law, including Louisiana Laws
10285032

I own shares of stock the judge order that I can take cash

Customer Question

I own shares of stock the judge order that I can take cash out of company ,is this legal? and can he be held accountable for his decision?
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
A judge can order in a divorce that to buy out spouse of her marital share that money be either taken from the company of from some other source to compensate the other spouse for her marital share. It is actually something that is at the discretion of the judge and the judge really does not care where you get the money from as long as the spouse receives their marital share ordered. Judges are immune from civil suit under state law for any decisions rendered from the bench in cases they are hearing.