Maverick
Maverick, Attorney
Experience:  20 yrs of professional experience.
16823287

Can't believe this is still going on.I told them that the

Customer Question

Can't believe this is still going on.I told them that the waiver said of my own free will and it would not be true. Got a lawyer but ran out of money. Have real estate ready to quit claim it to me from other beneficiaries. But brother gave deed to paralegal to hold until I sign waiver of liabilities. It just gets shadier and weirder.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.
This doesn't present a legal question. Please restate it so that we can understand what exactly is going on and what you wish to know about the situation from the legal standpoint.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What are the legal consequences of signing a settlement/release when I have stated openly I do plan on pursuing my legal options ..the release pretty much puts a gag order on me forever along with about a zillion generations after me. Pretty much have to sign to see if they are gonna deed over condo I bought to me . I am mailing in report to bar before I sign. Can they hold me to an agreement if I am forced to sign? There has got to be a big ole snake in the woodpile..they have been a little too desperate for my signature from day one.what can they actually do to me legally if I recind my signature
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.
I will opt out at this point and open your question up for others.
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.
This is Maverick, a different expert. 1. Are you saying that you signed a settlement agreement that contained a gag order in it and now you no longer wish to be bound by it? 2. I do not understand how or why you would sign a settlement agreement on the one hand while still holding the belief that you would pursue further legal action on the same matters. This makes no sense.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I have not signed anything.I bought out the other beneficiaries and executor/beneficiary intetest in condo. Lived here with mom 3 yrs. Legal. Residence
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The paralegal has withheld deed. Lawyers And executor said they would not complete sale unless I signed settlement.and all threatened to sell condo to third party and keep my money.I always told. Everyone I would not sign.
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.
1. What are the legal consequences of signing a settlement/release when I have stated openly I do plan on pursuing my legal options. So, if you plan on pursuing your legal remedies then you should not sign any settlement or release form/agreement as that would essential bar you from filing the suit and/or as it appears in this case place a gag order on you. 2. Pretty much have to sign to see if they are gonna deed over condo I bought to me . I am mailing in report to bar before I sign. No this does not make any sense. You need to get your money back if they added all these stipulations after the fact. Those should have been made part of the deal from the beginning. If not, then they have no right to keep your money. They cannot get something for nothing - that is called unjust enrichment. MORE TO COME....
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.
Can they hold me to an agreement if I am forced to sign? I don't see how it is that you are forced to sign. If the deal is not comfortable to you don't sign and just get your money back. If they refuse, then you may have to sue them for unjust enrichment and civil conversion.