Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters

Right to survivorship on joint checking account in texas JA:

Customer Question

right to survivorship on joint checking account in texas
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: sure . i'll try and be brief. my mother before passing away on 01/07/2016 put myname or added my name to her checking acct.there was 30,000 in it.i lived with herfor the past 18 years as she suffered from oldest brother the executor told me to close the account and have bank make cahiers check payable to estate of mom. I do have the right to survivorship as I have confirmed thru bank and there were no written instructions by my mom on what her intentions were. ive been told he had no right to do this.can u please help me?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Estate Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 6 months ago.
Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. Is there a specific question with which I could assist?