N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney
Experience:  Since 1983
9653905

Is a sibling allowed to put u in a nursing home without your

Customer Question

Is a sibling allowed to put u in a nursing home without your concentrate.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My daughter is power of attorney and on the will. lately she has been coming into my stealing things and cleaning my closets. I am sure she has every intention of moving me to a nursing selling the house Taking what funds she can. She has already some small cash
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Estate Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Customer: Pleas e answer my question
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 10 months ago.
I am sorry to hear this. Whether or not the power of attorney would allow her to place you into a nursing home depends on the language of the power of attorney. It sounds like you need to revoke the power of attorney immediately. If you tell me which State you reside in, I can look for a form to revoke the POA. I hope this information is helpful.