Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
19305272

My father passed away in 2007. My mother passed away in 2014.

Customer Question

My father passed away in 2007. My mother passed away in 2014. I am now just trying to sell her manufactured home. After receiving offer found out the property is in joint tenancy Kama a state of coma and not in the Family Trust. I am a co-trustee. We have a pour-over will. Does the property still have to go through probate question ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: "Q Meant to be the symbol? There is no Bart involved question ***** ***** was meant to be the symbol?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Estate Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Estate Law
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I did a trust review in 2011 and I was made co-trustee in 20 13. My attorney never told me that a deed of transfer had not been made transferring her manufactured home to the trust. I assumed the home was in the trust since an article stated all real and personal property.
Expert:  Loren replied 7 months ago.
Good evening. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you. My condolences for your loss.
Expert:  Loren replied 7 months ago.
The trust would only govern property titled to the trust. If the home was held in joint tenancy and it was never deeded to the trust then it would go to the surviving joint tenant, which I presume was your mother. The trust has no bearing on it and it would need to go through probate.