Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Experience:  30+ yrs. handling probate estate, wills, trust, inheritance & real estate related matters

My parents Estate has been open years, the court appointed

Customer Question

My parents Estate has been open for 16 years, the court appointed attorney does not share and financials with the children, no correspondence.. I ask for a meeting to be updated (over and over) he schedules no meeting, no one is contesting out of the 5 beneficiary's.
This is a very simple estate. it is 65 acres that needs to be sold, auctioned. The estate attorney the last 8 years has not even listed the property with an agent, so it has never been on Multiple Listings and no advertising.
The court app admin. is good friend with the probate judge so nothing we do ever goes anywhere.
After 16 years all he has done is pay taxes year after year.
I have 10 boxes of emails, request for information and history of this case.
I have complained to S.C. Supreme Court with complaints against Administrator and judge (10 years ago) the response was they found nothing wrong. May be I should send again so they will see that 8 years have gone by. No one is contesting anything last 13 years.
I can't afford an attorney, I have spent $18,000 of my own money to represent me to no avail.
Carol Postal Chavis Please email to my personal email ***@******.***
742 Elders Story Rd.
Ft Mill, SC 29708
(###) ###-####
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 6 months ago.
May be I should send again so they will see that 8 years have gone by. No one is contesting anything last 13 years. That would certainly not hurt the situation. A 16-year-old estate is extraordinary to say the least. I do not have enough information to make a judgment about what is actually going on. If you are willing to pay a somewhat Increased fee or our premium service I can offer you a telephone conference.