Richard, Attorney
Experience:  29 years of experience practicing law, including tax and estate planning.

REAL ESTATE LAW --- We dissolved my deceased mother's Florida

Customer Question

REAL ESTATE LAW --- We dissolved my deceased mother's Florida corp but not knowing we had a property (deed) still in the dissolved corp. name. My father is the 100% shareholder & President; can we sign the a corporation deed to the third party buyer (xyz) Or does it have to go from the Corporation to the last known stockholder then transfer to the 3rd party (xyz)? How do we transfer the corp deed to the 3rd party?
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.
Good afternoon Tina. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you. Since the corporation cannot be the selling party as it doesn't exist, you don't want the corporation transferring the title from the corporation to this third party. Rather, you want the title first transferred to the shareholder by referencing the dissolution and winding up of the corporation. Then, the shareholder would transfer title to the third party. Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as OK, Good or Excellent (hopefully Good or Excellent). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide