RayAnswers, Attorney
Experience:  Texas lawyer for 30 years in Estate law

Thanks email. Now the next question I have is : Does

Customer Question

Thanks for the email. Now the next question I have is : Does the income of the husband have any effect on the survivor husband or two school going daughters benefits? Would mother's more than 7-8 years ago would have any effect?
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 6 months ago.
Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today. Here survivor benefits are available to a survivor spouse age 60 or over, and for dependent minor children as well.Income of the survivor spouse has no effect here.The survivor spouse is able to draw deceased spouse's benefits now and may file on their own wages at a later age.The minor children draw here until age 18. Reference Here income has no effect.It is in the interest of survivor to delay their own benefits as long as possible while drawing deceased spouses now.It gets you some funds now and more funds later since you file on yours at say age 65 or 70 ot get the higher amount. I appreciate the chance to help you .