Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.

My name is***** want to trademark my father's

Customer Question

Hi, my name is***** want to trademark my father's name (deceased) and intellectual property
because different groups are using my father's name and materials to profit off of. I went on line at to do a trademark search and so far I haven't found anything to indicate that anyone has gone so far as to legally claim his name. My question is: Do you know of a lawyer who would be willing to take my case and get paid on the back end for services rendered if I win my case? I am disabled, on a limited income and unable to come up with the funds to pay a lawyer up front to help me. I want to apply for a Federal Registration Trademark. Do you know of anyone who can help me?
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 6 months ago.
This site's policy prohibits personal referrals. You can use the following sites to try to find local Attorneys that may be willing to handle your case under the terms that you are proposing: Kindly give a positive rating to my post so that I can receive credit for answering your question—so that part of the deposit that you already paid to the site can be transferred to me. You are not charged extra for doing this. Thank you for your cooperation.