Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters

My brother-in law died3/8/16 his brother just received documentation

Customer Question

My brother-in law died3/8/16 his brother just received documentation a few days ago .he is to be the distributee he is the sole survivor but in his brothers will he is or his heirs are to receive nothing from his estate.when I asked my husband to let a lawyer review it he didn't.i feel he should've questioned it because some of his assets was from his mother.
JA: OK. The Estate Lawyer will need to help you with this. Anything else I can tell the Estate Lawyer before I connect you two?
Customer: He's signed off on the papers already.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Estate Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 6 months ago.
Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help help you tonight. Whats state was the deceased living in here?