Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters

I am the trustee of a family trust- my sister s 38 yr

Customer Question

I am the trustee of a family trust- my sister s 38 yr daughter
with a child lived with her mother and refuses to exit the house - I have offered to pay for an apartment so we can sell the house - however she refuses to lease ,,,,how do I handle
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply,but rest assured, I am working on your question..Is the house actually in the trust's name as reflected on the deed?.Is there any type of written fixed term lease contract?.Does the occupant pay any rent?.Have you given them any type of written notice to vacate?..thanksBarrister