J. Warren
J. Warren, Attorney
Experience:  Experience in estate planning including wills, trusts and succession planning.

My brother was named executor of mom's will and was confirmed

Customer Question

My brother was named executor of mom's will and was confirmed by probate judge in February. I've been working closely with him (I'm the only daughter of 5) since before mom died to get everything in order. The siblings did not contest his appointment. However, the men don't talk to my brother the executor but everyone calls me as a go-between. Lots of arguing and fighting about what ***** ***** (the executor) wants to do with mom's house - all agree it should be sold; however, if a family member (***** *****'s son) wants to buy it, they argue about the amount charged (through me). Can I be named co-executor - all 4 men are stubborn and if I have a position of some power in the decision making, it may go smoother.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My name is ***** ***** my brother ***** ***** is the executor of my mother's will. Can I be named co-executor to help ***** ***** at this late date?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Estate Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  J. Warren replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.My condolences on the loss of your Mother. It is possible to be named as co-executor at any stage of the probate prior to the final accounting. It will require petitioning the probate judge and it will ultimately be his/her decision. If all parties agree to the appointment it is more likely to be granted by the probate judge. All my best and encouragement. Thank you for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as OK, Good or Excellent (3 stars or more). I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!