Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters

My name is ***** *****. I am the successor trustee of my father's

Customer Question

My name is ***** *****. I am the successor trustee of my father's trust. He passed away 3 years ago. I just finished the sale of his home and I wondering about what capital gains taxes must be paid?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Sure. What you you like to know?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Estate Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.
Good afternoon. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you. Can you provide me a bit more information? Was this trust a revocable living trust? What was the value of the property when he died? What was the sale price? In what state is the property located? Thanks.