N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney
Experience:  Since 1983
9653905

11 April 2016 06:20I don't think a formal list was left

Customer Question

11 April 2016 06:20
I don't think a formal list was left with them. Maybe this in itself is enough to invalidate the codicil, since they didn't fulfill that requirement. I'm wondering a little now whether it would be better to file a will challenge, or whether I can wait until the accounting is due, and not sign the waiver, and get a hearing then.
11 April 2016 06:22
I think the deadline for filing a will challenge is soon, 4/20, but the accounting isn't due until 5/27. And maybe if i refuse to sign the waiver, I can use that as leverage to bargain the executors down son. I'd sort of rather not do it as a will challenge, as it's unpredictable what would happen, adversarial, and expensive.
Category: Estate Law
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
for N Cal Attorney when available:11 April 2016 06:20
11 April 2016 06:22
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 8 months ago.
You can file a contest to the codicil based on the absence of the list. That would not be as adversarial as contesting it based on undue influence.