How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask originallawyer Your Own Question
originallawyer, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 830
Experience:  9+ years of experience in writing wills and probating estates in a variety of ways.
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
originallawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My dads wife died two years ago, I am his only daughter, I

Customer Question

My dads wife died two years ago, I am his only daughter, I now have power attorney over him he is 80 yrs old and he wanted me to have power attorney I hated to do this because I hate seeing my dad get old, He has a safe deposit box that we opened together I have the other key. He is in the hospital and he needs some legal documents that are in the safe deposit box. Can I go get them or do they need his consent. Please help I don't know what to do. His memory is getting kind of bad. I really don't want anything from my dad I just want my dad
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  originallawyer replied 1 year ago.
If you have power of attorney, and it does not specifically say that you cannot access his safe deposit box, then the bank should honor your power of attorney. Just take the document to the bank and request to see your dad's box. The power of attorney should be sufficient. Also, if your name is ***** ***** box, they should also let you in for that reason. You do not need his consent.