Infolawyer, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

What are the responseability of a executor in a will to deceased

Customer Question

what are the responseability of a executor in a will to deceased family members?
I am on a fixed income and need a lawyer In regards ***** ***** matter in FL. I have called several Attorneys all are wanting 5-10 grand up front. I don't have that kind of funds. So I just am unable to get legal representation cause I don't have that kind of money? What are familys to do.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 8 months ago.
have you considered filing the will with the court clerk and having them assist? they also can help with pro bono
executor primarily files the will, notifies beneficiaries, pays estate debts, and distributes in the end.
Kindly let me know if acceptable.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
no I want to know if he is suppose to be informing the family of anything he is doing with her funds or personal belongings? Or does he not have to ?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I am not the executor someone else is not a family member a neighbor of the deceased.
The executor must report to the family and if does not can be removed or replaced.A lawyer can expedite that. martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options. Good luck. Kindly rate the answer OK or higher.