Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years of experience
77476456

I have an elderly friend who is trying to obtain a copy of

Customer Question

I have an elderly friend who is trying to obtain a copy of her will. She is concerned with some changes that her grandson did through a lawyer that She no longer retains. We have tried to get a copy through this lawyer but due to an outstanding balance that she dispute owning, they decline on giving it to her until she settles up.. Can you suggest what she can do to obtain a copy of her will?
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Gerald, Esq replied 8 months ago.
Hello,Thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question. The Attorney is wrong to with hold the clients work because of a fee dispute. Your friend should file a complaint with the Disciplinary Board for Attorneys in her State. If you let me know what state I can look that up for you. Additionally, if she so desires she can write a new Will and in the New Will she would renounce all previous Wills. That way she would have an up to date Will and have it say exactly what she wants it to say. If here Estate is fairly simple and she does not have anything complicated going on she can have a Will Prepared very inexpensively. In fact there are good quality simple will available online taht she may be able to complete herself. I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday. Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but it helps me greatly. Thank you.If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.Good luck. Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing. Kind regards,Gerald