RayAnswers, Attorney
Experience:  Texas lawyer for 30 years in Estate law

My brother is the executor of my aunts estate. My aunt has

Customer Question

My brother is the executor of my aunts estate. My aunt has just passed. How do you go about asking about the will and estate. He said nothing at funeral about it. What legal rights do I have if he says there is nothing left.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 6 months ago.
Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you. would consider having lawyer send demand letter for a copy of the will.This is only way to force the issue short of you making application for probate intestate( no will),Then if he has a will he has to produce it.If you want to try yourself write your brother and ask for a copy of her will.It is reasonable to make such a request of the executor. You can also check Surrogate Court where she deceased to see if probate was filed. List of Contacts for Surrogate Courts.
Laws of intestacy( no will) if there is no will here. I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Thanks again and the best to you here.