Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
19305272

My nephew passed away but had sent copies of his will to each

Customer Question

My nephew passed away but had sent copies of his will to each of the beneficiaries. He owned an apt building with a friend in Chicago Ill. In the will, he left his share of the apt building to his friend/partner with the stipulation that the friend was to take a second out on the property and give a certain dollar amount to certain individuals in the will. The original will has not been found. Since I am co-executor of the will, what do I need to do to make sure his wishes are honored? His friend is the "executor" of the will and does not want to honor the will.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 9 months ago.
Good evening. I am Loren, an Illinois licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.
Expert:  Loren replied 9 months ago.
Do I understand correctly that no will has been admitted to probate and no letters testamentary appointing an executor have been issued?