Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Fully licensed attorney in Texas in private practice.
7286322

I am a conservator/guardian husband following a stroke

Customer Question

I am a conservator/guardian for my husband following a stroke in January. I am selling one of our vehicles with both our names on the title. How do I sign for him?
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Ely replied 8 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. One can sign in his place and then attach a copy of the Guardianship/conservator order WITH THE APPLICATION along with a cover letter explaining the situation. Some forms will have a special place for the guardian/conservator to sign, but most do not, forcing the guardianship/conservator to simply sign in HIS place and attach the order as explained. I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
sign my name or his name in his signature space?
Expert:  Ely replied 8 months ago.
Rule of thumb is put his name into any blank for his name with a parenthesis and your name, and sign your signature.
Example:
ON FORM
WIFE'S SIGNATURE
SIGNATURE
HUSBAND'S NAME ("by WIFE'S NAME, legal guardian")
NAME
Gentle Reminder: Please, use REPLY or SEND button to keep chatting, or RATE POSITIVELY and SUBMIT your rating when we are finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating.