Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters

Good morning. My name is***** am 41. I lost both of my

Customer Question

Good morning. My name is***** am 41. I lost both of my parents in 2014 and 2015. I have a mental disability and have been on ssi since 2004. EVERYTHING was left to my brother and myself 50/50. Up until recently i was going to use my part of the IRA to buy my brother out of the home i reside in. He changed his mind last minute. I will be able to "spend down" the inheritance, BUT it will be a cpl months for me to find a place to live and need to withdraw the funds in order to retain a lawyer. Im at a loss
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.
Good morning Tanya. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you. Can you elaborate a bit more on your question? Is it that your brother is trying to prevent you from withdrawing funds? From the IRA? Or, is your inheritance in a trust? Thanks.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Fear of losing my benefits is preventing me. I do not have a trust. The IRA was in stocks thru Wells Fargo. I had them sell the stocks so i could then transfer the money to my brother so i could keep the house. He changed his mind after i had done so.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
There is approximately 35,000. I need a vehicle, want to repair my credit, and find a place to live. But the latter will take a few months. And because i cashed in the stocks, i have to withdraw the funds. I get 827.00 a month from social security
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.
Thanks for responding. I am going to opt out to open your question up to all experts so another expert with social security benefit knowledge can hopefully timely provide you the information you seek. Please do not respond to this post as it will only slow the process of such an expert picking up your question. Take care.