RayAnswers, Attorney
Experience:  Texas lawyer for 30 years in Estate law

Property was left to 8 siblings. 4 would like to sell and 4

Customer Question

Property was left to 8 siblings. 4 would like to sell and 4 are opposed to the sale. I have tried to buy the property from my siblings to no avail. How can I legally impede the sale of the property?
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 6 months ago.
Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today. You can force the sale here by a suit for partition.The court will have it appraised and sold.All costs here including legal and filing fees, real estate commission is taken off the gross sale.If you have to pay upfront you get this reimbursed.The net thats left is divided equitably. Usually a lawyer will send them a letter explaining this and try to resolve it otherwise he files suit.This is hte legal remedy in Georgia for such a stalemate. Reference to partition suit. Lawyer referral to file partition suit. I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.