Richard, Attorney
Experience:  29 years of experience practicing law, including tax and estate planning.

I have a revocable trust and my house is in the trust. I now

Customer Question

I have a revocable trust and my house is in the trust. I now want to add other assets to the trust. However, I am interested in going to another lawyer. Will this be ok? In other words, can I now go to a different lawyer to have him advise me on how to add assets to the revocable trust I now have or would it be better for me to stay with the original lawyer. I do not dislike the lawyer but the other lawyer has been recommended to me.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

Good morning. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

Absolutely, you can use another lawyer. There is no requirement or reason to use the original lawyer simply because he/she set up your trust. To transfer additional assets to your trust, you simply need to have the necessary transfer documents prepared. Any lawyer can do this for you. :)

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as OK, Good or Excellent (hopefully Good or Excellent). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!