LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have more than 25 years of experience in the practice of law.

I am in charge of my dad's Estate on money and possessions

Customer Question

I am in charge of my dad's Estate on money and possessions What should I do when someone has $35,000 and $17,000 of his money could you give me some answers?
My brother Jack Brandenburg has $35,000.00 and Wesley Stepp in Jacksonville , Florida has $17,000.00 my aunt passed away on December 26, 2015 and I have bank statements from 1994-1997 on this.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 7 months ago.

Good morning Melissa,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

When you say you are in charge of your dad's estate, I presume that you mean that you have been appointed the executor of the estate. As Executor it is your obligation to collect the debts owed your dad's estate from the people that owe the debts.

If the debtors will not willingly pay the debt owed, then you will need to hire attorneys to sue to collect the money owed.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. Please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am credited for assisting you.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Expert:  LawTalk replied 7 months ago.

Good morning,

Do you have any additional questions that you would like me to address for you?

In case you would like a phone call to further discuss these issues you have raised, I will make that offer to you. You are certainly not obligated to accept a call offer, but many people do find it helpful for clarification purposes, as well as to allow them to ask additional questions.

If I have provided you with the information you asked for, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you?

Thanks in advance,