Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs estate law, real estate. Wills/Trusts/Probate
19958803

What do I need to file a small estate affidavit

Customer Question

Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

This is a link to an exhaustive checklist that relates everything that you have to do to file a Small Estate Affidavit (SEA) in TX. It gives you a step by step explanation of how to complete the SEA. It states it is for Travis county, but the same process applies anywhere within the state.

.

TX Small Estate Affidavit Checklist

.

You can usually download the SEA from the particular county court's website or you can visit the clerk to obtain a written copy.

.

.

thanks