Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters

I am one of three siblings that have maintain Heir property

Customer Question

I am one of three siblings that have maintain Heir property since my mother death in 2011. Taxes, house insurance, renovation two times, save from foreclosure, I had to obtain two loans. Now my siblings want to shared equal amount of the proceeds. What to do in a peaceful and legal manner the receive my amount of investment for the proceeds and share what remains with all of us? Do I need to appoint an Attorney?
Category: Estate Law
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Barrister replied 7 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

Is the property still in mother's name?

Has anyone filed a probate case to settle her estate?

Do you have proof of all the money you have put into the property to protect and preserve it?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I filed a Muniment Of Title and went before the judge for approval and change the title in my name Ruby Jean Mackey from my mother name Zelma Mackey.The Will was probated as Munimemt of Title asking the court to valid Will. telling the court that no other action is needed on the estate.
I do have proof of Taxes paid, House insurance for five year, loans from bank loans needed to renovate the property two time because if damages from tenants and I has to save the property out of foreclosure before investing my money. I did not have renter all the time therefore paid the mortgage and continue to maintain the property. My sibling simply abandon the property now they want equal proceeds. I still have a loans that is delinquent utilizing my car for collateral that need to be paid at my bank. We went to closing today and this is a problem because my brothers want equal share of the proceeds and I refused the accept that unfair reasoning. I would like for them to have some of the proceeds but I should receive the my investment funds and then we should share what left.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Did you receive the answer to your questions? I sent them.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
not at this time waiting for a response
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
There should be no increase of charge on my card because I have not receive any answers to my situation only the first charge of $5.00 for now.
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 6 months ago.

New Expert here.

Did the will leave the property equally to all three of you?